Sulphur is made up of only one kind of atom. Therefore it is an element. Other are compounds.... read more ›
Common examples of elements are iron, copper, silver, gold, hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, and oxygen. At present, 94 are natural elements whereas 24 are synthetic. Thus, a total of 118 elements have been identified so far. Elements having an atomic number below or equal to 94 occur in nature.... continue reading ›
- The elements are classified as metal, non-metal, and metalloid.
- The extreme left side elements in the periodic table are metals, for example, sodium, calcium, caesium, etc.
- However, elements on the right side are generally referred to as non-metals, carbon, chlorine, oxygen, etc.
- Hydrogen (H) - nonmetal.
- Helium (He) - nonmetal.
- Oxygen (O) - nonmetal.
- Neon (Ne) - nonmetal.
- Nitrogen (N) - nonmetal.
- Carbon (C) - reactive nonmetal.
- Silicon (Si) - metalloid.
- Magnesium (Mg) - alkaline earth metal.
1) In chemistry and physics, an element is a substance that cannot be broken down into simpler components by any non-nuclear chemical reaction. An element is uniquely determined by the number of protons in the nuclei of its atoms.... see details ›
Of the four elements of the ancients, water is the only one which is a pure chemical substance, albeit a compound and not an element.... continue reading ›
Lithium, Beryllium, Sodium, Magnesium, Aluminium, Potassium, and Calcium are metals in the first twenty elements. Hydrogen, Helium, Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Fluorine, Neon, Phosphorous, Sulphur, Chlorine, and Argon are the non-metals in the first twenty elements.... see details ›
Most common 20 elements are: H, He, C, N, O, Na, Al, Si, S, Cl, K, Ca, Fe, Ni, Cu, Zn, Ag, Sn, Hg, Au.... see details ›
|Name of the Element||Symbol of the Element||Atomic Number|
Methane (US: MEH-thayn, UK: MEE-thayn) is a chemical compound with the chemical formula CH4 (one carbon atom bonded to four hydrogen atoms). It is a group-14 hydride, the simplest alkane, and the main constituent of natural gas.... view details ›
The chemical formula for water is H2O, which means each molecule of water consists of one oxygen atom chemically bonded to two hydrogen atoms. Thus, water is a compound.... see more ›
Carbon Dioxide- CO2 is a chemical compound composed of two oxygen atoms covalently bonded to a single carbon atom. CO2 exist in the earth'a atmosphere as a gas and in its solid state it known as dry ice.... continue reading ›
Dear student, O2 represents a molecule of oxygen which is made up of two atoms of oxygen ;compounds are composed of different types of elements for example HO. Thus,O is an element.... see more ›